This ECHO will engage and instruct the modern EMT workforce and other healthcare team members in acute and non-acute best care practices for their local communities. This includes a focus on rural outreach and telemedicine implementation. Providers will gain knowledge of primary and secondary prevention of acute and chronic diseases and conditions.
1. Participants will engage in collaboration with community care team members to increase capacity to provide best practice care related to pre-hospital care, including case-based presentations.
2. Participants will gain knowledge of management of cerebrovascular and cardiovascular diseases.
3. Participants will gain knowledge of emerging epidemiological trends in their area of practice.
4. Condition and symptom specific sessions will provide increased ability to screen, test, and/or manage patient care and triaging related to stroke and other commonly encountered conditions.
5. Participants will engage in a supportive and collegial learning environment that provides knowledge and practice guidance.
6. Participants will receive analysis of practical innovation, technology implementation, and policy considerations surrounding pre-hospital and emergency care.
7. Skills and practice related to cultural competence, mental health resilience, and crisis intervention will be explored.
|1 - Stroke Screening||5/9/2023|
|2 - Acute Stroke: Whenever Seconds Count, Load and Go||5/22/2023|
|3 - Stroke Mimics and Neglect Syndromes||6/5/2023|
|4 - Prehospital Report: Calling a Stroke Alert||6/26/2023|
|5 - Burden of EMS/ED Overuse||7/10/2023|
|6 - Community Paramedicine||7/24/2023|
|7 - Emerging Community Health Models||8/7/2023|
|8 - Psychiatric First Aid for First Responders: Suicidal Patients||8/21/2023|
|9 - Psychiatric First Aid for First Responders: Psychotic and Decompensating Patients||9/11/2023|
|10 - Psychiatric First Aid for First Responders: Patient Panic Attacks||9/25/2023|
|11 - EMS Resilience||10/9/2023|